Dating

ACHARB at MSUVX1.MEMPHIS.EDU ACHARB at MSUVX1.MEMPHIS.EDU
Thu May 16 22:21:20 UTC 1996

Girish Beeharry wrote:

>This again brings the matter back to my original query; have people in
>Indological studies done work on dating using astronomy? If not, can
>someone please tell me whether work is currently being done in this area?
>
>Bye,
>
>Girish Beeharry

"The astronomical code of the R^gVeda",by Subhash Kak,Aditya Prakashan, New
Delhi,1994 comes to my mind. Kak also has a number of papers published on the
topic in Vistas in Astronomy, Mankind Quarterly, Indian Journal of Hoistory of
Science and other journals. He also gives earlier references.

you might also be interested in M. Witzel's paper on the Saptarshi Mandala in
the EJVS
-Narahari Achar