neohinduistic gurus

tantrapl at hektor.umcs.lublin.pl tantrapl at hektor.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed May 15 09:50:24 UTC 1996

Dear List Members,
It seems to me there is a tendency among neohinduistic gurus not to mention
their own family background, jati their parents belong to. I think people in
the West don't know much about jati connections of great contemporary gurus
because neither them nor gurus themselves who reject importance of jati are
interested in the subject. However, it seems highly probable that Indian people are
generally more sensitive to the problem of the family background could give
me information about the social place of parents of gurus who deny the
importance of jati division of society. So, please, could anybody give me
any info on at least varnas of parents of gurus?
				Thanking in advance
						Leslaw Borowski