List of references in Astronomy

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sun May 12 20:23:47 UTC 1996

Hi,

Many people have asked for the references so I thought it wise to post
it to the list... :-)

Here is the list of references:

1) Indian Astronomy: A source book (eds. Subbarayappa,B.V. & Sarma, K.V.),
Bombay, 1985
2) A Bibliography of Kerala & Kerala-based Astronomy & Astrology, Sarma,
K.V., Hoshiarpur, 1966
3) A Critical Study of Ancient Hindu Astronomy, Somayajii,D.A., Karnatak
University, Dharwar, 1972
4) A History of Indian Astronomy (eds. Shukla,K.S. & Sen,S.N.) INSA, New
Delhi, 1985
5) Aryabhatiya with the Commentary of Bhaskara I and Someswara (eds.Shukla,K.S.
 & Sen,S.N.) INSA, New Delhi, 1976
6) Muralidhara Chaturveda (ed.), Siddhantasiromani, Varanasi, 1981
7) Aryabhatiyam with the Bhashya of Nilakantha Somasutvan: Golapada (ed.
Pillai, S.K.), Trivandrum Sanskrit Series, no 185, 1957
8) Tantrasangraha of Nilakantha Somasutvan with the commentary
Laghuvivritti of Sankara Variar (ed. Pillai, S.K.), Trivandrum Sanskrit
Series, no 188, 1958
9) Kern, B. (ed.), Aryabhatiyam with Vyakhya of Paramesvara, Leyden, 1885
10) Kuppanna Sastri,T.S. (ed.), Mahabaskariam with Govindasvamin's
Vyakhaya and Siddhantadipika of Paramesvara, Madras Govt. Oriental Series,
no 130, 1957
11) Sarma, K.V. (ed.), Grahasphutanayane Vikshepavasana of Nilkantha
Somastuvan in Ganitayuktayah, Hoshiarpur, 1979
12) Sambasiva Sastri,K. (ed.), Aryabhatiyam with the Bhashya of Nilakantha
Somasutvan: Kalakriyapada, Trivandrum Sanskrit Series, No 110, 1931
13) Sarma,K.V. (editor & translator) Siddhantadarpana, Hoshiarpur, 1976
14) Mahabhaskariya of Bhaskaracharya,I, edited & translated by
Shukla,K.S., Lucknow, 1960.
15) Sarma,K.V. (ed.) Sphutanirayanatantra of Acyuta Pisarati,
Hoshiarpur, 1974
16) Rasigolasphutaniti of Acyuta Pirasati, ed & translated by Sarma,K.V.,
Hoshiarpur, 1977.
17) Siddantadarpana of Mahamahopadhyaya Samanta Sri Chandrasekhara Simha,
Calcutta 1897, V.36)
18) Nature, 1532, 59, 437, 1899 (by W.E.P.)

Bye,

Girish Beeharry