Appeal font users, please ...

Ralph Bunker ralphbunker at msn.com
Tue May 7 23:59:30 UTC 1996

What is your private e-mail address?
Make sure that all autoformatting is turned off. Under Tools/Options menu
choose the AutoFormat tab and turn off smart quotes etc. Also, I have never
gotten the character number 160 to appear in MS Word although it does show up
in Write.
Good luck. Sometimes I think that MS Word has too many features for its own
good.
I have been working on a program that allows you to type Devanagari characters
by typing there transliteration. The current version (in progress) support
1100 Devanagari characters (spread across 5 fonts). In particular there are
more than 125 short 'i' characters, one for each width of possible
consonent/conjunct consonents. The goal of this project is to have all vowel
connect where they should and not be obscured by any other characters. Most
people don't seem to be interested in beautiful Devanagari though.
--ralph