Linguistics

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 6 18:46:05 UTC 1996

Hi,

I would very much appreciate information on the following please:

1) I have read that G. Cardona projected to write a 8 volume series on
PaaNini's grammar; the first one being 'PaaNini, his work and its
traditions', publ. Motilal Banarsidass(1988). How far has it now reached
and what are the next titles please?

2) Has anyone on this list read MiimaaMsaka YudhishhThira's 'sanskrita
vyaakaraNa-shaastra kaa itihaasa' (tiin bhaagoN meN puurNa) [in Hindi],
publ. Bhaaratiiya Praachyavidyaa PratishhThaan, Ajmer (1973)? Could you
please say whether it is a complete survey of grammatical literature?

3) What book(s) would you recommend for someone wishing to have a good
grasp on the subject of Sanskrit grammars, both PaaNinian and others,
(Hindi & English preferably) please?

Many thanks beforehand.

bye,

Girish Beeharry