Bharhut stupa

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Thu May 2 15:04:43 UTC 1996

The following should help:

   AUTHOR: Barua, Beni Madhab, 1888-1948.
    TITLE: Barhut
    PLACE: Calcutta :
PUBLISHER: s.n.,
     YEAR: 1934 1937
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 3 v. : 99 pl. ; 29 cm.
   SERIES: Indian Research Institute publications. Fine arts series ; 1-3
    NOTES: Includes bibliographical references and index.
           v. 1. Stone as a story-teller -- v. 2. Jataka-scenes -- v. 3.
           Aspects of life and art.
           Microfilm. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Library
           Microreproduction Service, 1990. 1 microfilm reel : negative ; 35
           mm.
  SUBJECT: Art, Buddhist.
           Bas-relief.
           Bharhut (India) -- Topes.

 Next Record

    TITLE: Genshi Bukkyo bijutsu zuten =
           Ancient Buddhist sites of Sanchi & Barhut /
    PLACE: Tokyo :
PUBLISHER: Yuzankaku,
     YEAR: 1991
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 421 p., [13] p. of plates : chiefly ill. (some col.), map ; 27
           cm.
    NOTES: Colophon inserted.
           Includes bibliographical references (p. 420).
     ISBN: 4639010729 :
  SUBJECT: Sculpture, Buddhist -- India -- Pictorial works.
           Art, Indic -- Pictorial works.
           Art, Buddhist -- India -- Pictorial works.
           Sanchi Site (India)
    OTHER: Oki, Morihiro, 1929-
           Ito, Shoji, 1944-
           Ancient Buddhist sites of Sanchi & Barhut.

   AUTHOR: Foucher, A. (Alfred), 1865-1952.
    TITLE: Les representations de "Jatakas" sur les bas-reliefs de Barhut,
    PLACE: Paris,
PUBLISHER: E. Leroux,
     YEAR: 1908
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 2 p. l., 52 p. illus. 19 cm.
    NOTES: "Extrait de la Bibliotheque de vulgarisations du Musee Guimet, t.
           XXX, 1908."
           "Bibliographie sommaire": p. 52.
  SUBJECT: Art, Buddhist.
           Bas-relief.
           Bharahat (India) -- Topes.
    OTHER: Jatakas.

 Next Record

   AUTHOR: Barua, Beni Madhab, 1888-1948.
    TITLE: Barhut /
    PLACE: Patna :
PUBLISHER: Indological Book Corp.,
     YEAR: 1979 1937
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 103, 178, 94 p., [51] leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
   SERIES: Indian Research Institute, Calcutta. Publications.  Fine arts
           series, no. 1-3.
    NOTES: Reprint of the 1934-37 ed. published by Indian Research
           Institute, Calcutta, which was issued as no. 1-3 of Fine arts
           series.
           Bibliography: p. [88] (last group).
           Stone as a story-teller.--Jataka-scenes.--Aspects of life and
           art.
  SUBJECT: Art, Buddhist.
           Bas-relief.
           Bharahat (India) -- Topes.