Bharhut stupa

Richard Salomon rsalomon at u.washington.edu
Thu May 2 15:48:40 UTC 1996

Surely the place to start is Heinrich Lu:der's Bharhut und die
Buddhistische Literatur (Abhandlungen fu:r die Kunde des Morgenlandes
26.3, 1941 (reprinted by Kraus, 1966); and his (posthumously
published) Bharhut
Inscriptions, vol. 2.2 of the Corpus Inscriptionum Indicarum (Ootacamund,
1963).

R. Salomon