Filliozat

wagers at computek.net wagers at computek.net
Wed May 1 01:30:12 UTC 1996

George Thompson writes on 5/1/96:

> Things being rather quiet on this list, I have been roaming, and have come
> across another group discussing Lefkowitz's new book "Not Out of Africa",
> which attacks, from a classicist's point of view, Afrocentric claims about
> the sources of Greek culture.

Oh, the minute we go quiet, you go roaming, eh?

> Very wild and very reckless discussions go on there, mostly not very
>interesting or >informative.

You're dead right, but we're supposed to be discussing the debate, and the
debate hasn't happened. Besides I think anyone at home on this list would
feel comfortable there :)

Will wagers at computek.net
http://denton.computek.net/pub/wagers/ousia/Indologist.Shtml
http://denton.computek.net/pub/wagers/ousia/Mayanist.Shtml