Right & Left

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 09:22:00 UTC 1996

Hi,

>dakshine lakshmaNo yasya vaame tu janakaatmajaa |
>purato marutiryasya taM vande raghunandanam.h ||

>"mArutiH" in this stanza is singular, and refers to hanumAn (vAyuputra).

I'm sorry about the mistake. I was thinking about the Marutis and wrote it in
the plural.

The explanations, which are scholarly, are still about the brides & grooms. As
far as can see the shlokas refer to devis and devas. In addition, would someone
please provide the explanation for the relative positions in the shloka above?
Many thanks beforehand.

Bye,

Girish Beeharry