unedited text /NGMPP films

MACDONALD.ANNE FO5A006 at rrz-cip-1.rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 11 13:00:27 UTC 1996

    Just to set the record straight, the availability of microfilms
from the NGMPP is not restricted only to persons of German
nationality or to members of the Deutsche Morgenlaendische
Gesellschaft.  In terms of the agreement between His Majesty's
Government of Nepal and the DMG, the copyright for the materials
microfilmed rests with the Nepalese Government.
    For copies of microfilms and permission to publish them,
all interested parties are therefore requested to write to:

        The Chief Research Scholar
        National Archives
        Ramshahpath
        Kathmandu, Nepal

    As you are likely aware, a preliminary title list is being
prepared here in Hamburg. Individuals wishing to order a microfilm
would be best advised to contact us first. Requests (from anyone!)
regarding manuscript titles, microfilm reel numbers, etc., may be
directed to our address:

        NGMPP
        Institut fuer Indien und Tibet
        Neue Rabenstrasse 3
        D-20354 Hamburg
        Germany

    Whether one orders directly from the National Archives or
contacts us, we would appreciate being informed of orders made since
we keep a list of all manuscripts already ordered.
    For ordering assistance, one may also contact:

        The Director
        Nepal Research Centre
        P.O.B. 180
        Kathmandu NEPAL

--- For recent information regarding the NGMPP, see "German
Research in Nepal" in Acta Orientalia 56 (1995), pp.169-172, by Prof.
A. Wezler (Project Director)

Anne MacDonald
NGMPP
Hamburg