Khajuraho oops! Indology

RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU
Wed Mar 6 23:44:43 UTC 1996

dear sriranga raja,
I am glad to know from your message of 6,mar ,1996 that you go to the temple for a sexy feeling . Then you are surely having a sad and disapoionting experience .
You must go to some clubs for that purpose . Temples are places of worship .
You should be considerate to your ancestors before telling bad things about them.
 I  did not say that there are not some figures on the temples which may be sexy.
But the point I repeatedly make is that the interpretattion that the temple stands for sexy things is wrong . Some persons like you insist on that wrong thing.
But the correct thing  is that the interpretation is learnt from the Hindu
literature on temples and the inscriptions in the walls of the temples.
Perhaps you have gone to temple as a show and not to worship . I do not
know.But your interpretation that the temple is standing for sexuality is
wrong. People who go there for worship just do that.If you said that you
go to enjoy sexual objects then you are not going for praying in a
temple , for the purpose it is intended. Your behaviour does not give out the
purpose of the temple. M.Rajagopalan