German libraries

Gabriele Zeller gabriele.zeller at ub.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jul 31 14:33:41 UTC 1996

Date:          Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:14:15 BST
From:          tantrapl at hektor.umcs.lublin.pl (Leslaw Borowski)
To:            Members of the list <indology at liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject:       German libraries

Dear List Members,
I would like to know how to get access to German libraries via internet. I
was trying to find some telnet addresses in Hytelnet services but all of
them failed (maybe that version of hytelnet was simply too old). I cannot
believe there is no possibility of using on-line catalogues of German
libraries when so many small countries make it possible. I am particularily
interested in Freiburg i. Brsg. and, off course, Tuebingen but also other
libraries.
(By the way, I am looging for F.-W. Haack: Guruismus und Gurubewegungen,
Muenchen 1982, which could be somewhere in Muenchen,
and "Anthropology and Humanism Quarterly", Dec 1983)
Could anybody give some suggestions?
	Thank you in advance
				Leslaw Borowski

Dear Leslaw and all members of Indology list,
you find our homepage under http:\\www.uni-tuebingen.de/uni/qub,
there are several 'clickable' points, the first one is: EDV-Kataloge
which is our OPAC. It contains books from 1982 onwards, and the very
old books up to 1850.
Another useful point is "Nuetzliche Internetadressen", where you find
many more useful addresses, such as that of the "Suedwestdeutscher
Bibliotheksverbund" and also "Deutsche Bibliotheken online", Freiburg
should be there as well, I think it has a similar structure to our
address - just try it!
I checked the two titles you mentioned:The first one= Haack, Friedrich-Wilhelm...
is in Tuebingen under 23 A 7738 - you can try an international loan.
The periodical "Anthropology and Humanism Quarterly is held by the
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Muenchen only.
So much for now, I am glad that I could contribute to the list the
first day of my inscription!
Yours Gabriele Zeller