how to reference list discussions

thompson at jlc.net thompson at jlc.net
Wed Jul 31 00:39:48 UTC 1996

Dear Indologists,

Perhaps rather like a hunter finishing off a wounded deer, I am presently
trying to put a paper that I am writing out of its misery, with finishing
touches such as completed endnotes and full bibliographic references. My
question to you is this: how does one reference an Indology List discussion
[for example]?  I have never referenced such a thing before, nor have I
ever encountered anyone else's attempt at doing so.  Is there an
established convention for this sort of thing?

Sincerely,
George Thompson