m.rda.mga drum

MDSAAA48 at GIASMD01.VSNL.NET.IN MDSAAA48 at GIASMD01.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Jul 24 07:41:49 UTC 1996

Friends,
I asked a m.rda.nga player in Madras. He explained the process like this:

The twang is generated by the ferrous compounds contained in the river-bed
black rocks which are searched out, powdered, pounded, reduced to fine paste
using
cooked rice and applied to the leather face.

Is there anyway to link this instrument through electronic wires to create
MIDI files? Regards. kalyanaraman.