Q: Norman fonts

Birgit Kellner kellner at ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 23 11:13:07 UTC 1996

A question - I have used the Norman font for Windows (TTF), available from
John Smith's ftp-site for quite a while. Although there is a proper italics
font (mytymes), there does not seem to be a proper font for bold print. On
the other hand, Norman for Macintosh does beautiful (i.e. discernable) bold
print, so I presume somebody designed proper bold print for the original
Norman typeface, but this was never really done for the TTF-version. Am I
correct, or is there another explanation?