basketballs

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Jul 16 22:09:18 UTC 1996

	The traditional word in Sanskrit for a playing ball is kanduka.
It occurs frequently in Sanskrit dramas, e.g. Svapnavaasavadattam.  Now
'basketball' would need a new coinage.  How is PiTakakandukam? I am sure
the All India Radio broadcasters from Delhi who report the news in
Sanskrit must have coined a term.  Any Delhi-wallahs on Indology?
	Madhav Deshpande