Sanskrit lessons

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Thu Jan 4 20:17:04 UTC 1996

A lady has called up the Library of Congress asking if Sanskrit lessons were
offered in the Washington, DC area.  She has already checked all the
local colleges and universities.  I referred her to the Simhalese
Buddhist monastery, which offered lessons some time ago, to the
commercial foreign language schools, and to the Foreign Service
Institute, whose teachers might have some ideas.  Is anyone aware of
anyone giving Sanskrit lessons around Washington, or qualified and
interested in offering them on an individual basis?

Sincerely,

Allen W. Thrasher

Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section