sources of research on purusha

John Gardner jgardner at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Thu Jan 4 21:08:01 UTC 1996

has anyone ever found/possessed/copied a 1956 kyoto university
dissertation by T. Sahota entitled "The Development of the Concept of
Purusha".  Dandekar lists it, but U. Microfilms doesn't have it, and the
only copy to which kyoto could direct me was at the National Diet whose
recent missive to me indicates it was handwritten and in too poor a shape
to copy.  as this dissertation is, to my knowledge, the only detailed
study on the earliest uses of a rather crucial philosophical term, it
would benefit many aspects of indology if someone has even a piece of
it--in english or otherwise.

thank you
jrg