jnaneshvar conference

SHRINIVAS TILAK tilak at alcor.concordia.ca
Thu Feb 22 01:43:11 UTC 1996

I was privileged to visit the site of the mahasamadhi of Sant Jnaneshvar
while attending the annual Marathi Sahitya Sammelan at Alandi on February
3, 1996. I would agree, to some extent, with the observations of Robin
Kornman and Frederick Smith that Alandi is still beautiful and serene
despite the ever increasing number of hotels, restaurants, and commercial
establishments.
	But I am more inclined to agree with John Grime's feeling that
Alandi is a powerful Shakti Peeth. Standing before the samadhi of Sant
Jnaneshvar is an incredibly overwhelming experience. It almost evokes in
you the feeling of sacred that Otto has described so eloquently.

Shrinivas Tilak