[Query] Was Sanskrit ever spoken by "all"?

Richard Salomon rsalomon at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:45:53 UTC 1996

I have discussed this subject, or at least some issues related to it, in an
article entitled "On
drawing socio-linguistic distinctions in Old Indo-Aryan: The Question of
K.satriya Sanskrit and related problems," in the just-published book The
Indo-Aryans of Ancient South Asia: Language, Material Culture and
Ethnicity, ed. George Erdosy (Berlin/NY: de Gruyteer, 1995),  293-306.

RS