Ordering Sanskrit MS microfilms via INDOLOGY web page -Reply

Henry Groover hgroover at qualitas.com
Thu Feb 15 13:18:58 UTC 1996

>>> Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk> 02/15/96 07:23am >>>
On the first page of the INDOLOGY web page, I have mounted a rather
amateurish system for ordering microfilm copies of Sanskrit manuscripts
from the Wellcome Insitute's library.  I'd be interested in your reactions.

[*snip*]

Dear Dominik,

Please convey my regards to your *very* intimate anagrammatic
acquaintance Kinimod<g> for one of the most _excellent_ satirical flames
I've ever read (equally satisfying was Dr. Wetzel's response).

Haven't had a chance to visit your website yet, but I've been _dying_ to
find a source for MSS, for love or money, as I don't have any academic
connections.  Money is no problem - all my translation projects are
independent - but I just don't have the time and resources to take trips to
India, root about in libraries, etc.

For that matter, any from-the-ground-up tutorial material on how to go
about obtaining manuscripts would be greatly appreciated.

My main interest is in Gaudiya Vaishnava commentaries.

Regards,
Henry Groover
Hgroover at qualitas.com