Analogies to Kabbalah

wagers at computek.net wagers at computek.net
Sun Feb 11 01:42:21 UTC 1996

In Jewish myth, the Golem is created by rearranging the letters of
the Torah. In the Kabbalah, the Sefiroth appear in the form of Primal
Man; the letters of the divine name are the image of the Ancient of
Ancients; the Torah is considered as a living organism.

I am interested in analogous concepts in the Vedas, Puranas, etc.
For example, a god being the embodiment of the Veda; the letters of
scripture being related to living creatures, deities, or the cosmos as to
giving it life, form, definition, body, etc. through their organization or
arrangement; the Vedas as a living thing; the letters of the scriptures
being the mystical name of a god, etc.

If anyone can help with general or specific references, it will be much
appreciated. I have no background in Indology.

Thx, Will