Holi Discussion Appreciation

vidya vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Thu Feb 8 19:55:12 UTC 1996

> probably the discussion on 'chaos' has demonstrated that people in
> various academic fields have trouble understanding terms used in their
> disciplines than how holi is/can be interpreted.   a mathematician

In this connection, I recall my recent visit to the LA Museum of
Contemporary Art. There was an exhibit titled "The Entropic Library"
by Claes Oldenberg. THe accompanying caption talked of "entropy" as
"decay and destruction". I had a good laugh at how people in the art
community were misunderstanding the term entropy.

Vidyasankar