7 Bit fonts

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Dec 14 18:35:49 UTC 1996

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Claude Setzer wrote:

> My last posting was a simple one page note, the same one contained
> below. It was sent to both Indology and to ISO_TC46. For some reason,
> the one that went to Indolgy got about 800 blank pages inserted into it.
> The other version, the exact same file came back fine. I have no idea
> what happened on the Indology server, but I hope this one comes through
> correctly.

There was no fault with INDOLOGY's listserv; what was distributed is what
you sent.  I am surprised you risked sending the message a second time,
after the comments you received.

Given the point you were making, it seems ironic that the header of your
email contained the following line:

This is the reason why 7bit encodings are -- regrettably -- still
important.

Best wishes,

Dominik