Pahlavi

Peter D Banos pdb1 at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 13 22:45:01 UTC 1996

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Arash Zeini wrote:

> I am searching for a dictionary of the Pahlavi language. It doesn't
> matter if Pahlavi-English or Pahlavi-German.

The one thing that comes to mind is D. N. MacKenzie, _A Concise Pahlavi
Dictionary._ Originally published by Oxford in 1971; I have a vague
recollection of there being a recent reprint, if not a new edition.

						-Peter D. Banos
						pdb1 at columbia.edu

"For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the
people; but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen
upon thee. And the gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the
brightness of thy rising."