Religious affiliation in India

Lars Martin Fosse l.m.fosse at internet.no
Tue Dec 10 09:47:48 UTC 1996

Dear netters,

next semester I am going to give a serious of lectures on Hinduism at the
university of Oslo. In that connection I am looking for sources giving data
on religious affiliation in India. E.g.: How many Muslims, how many Hindus,
how many Sikhs, Christians, etc but also, if possible, how many members of
the major directions of Hinduism, e.g. how many Shaivas, how many
Vaishnavas, how many followers of this or that bhakti sect etc.

I would be very grateful for any bibliographic information.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse