Source for Indian cabinets etc.

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 12 21:32:36 UTC 1996

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Allen Thrasher wrote:

> Does anyone know a source for the members of Indian state and national
> governments (cabinets), when they come into power, who their members are,
> cabinet reshuffles, etc.?  A couple of patrons independently have asked
> for this in general and specifically for U.P. from 1975 on and I have been
> unable to find anything from the computer.  I would be very grateful for
> any help.

Such information is usually found in the periodical gazettes published by
the central and state governments. Other sources could be the annual
report of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, or journal of the Indian
Institute of Public Administration or The Economic and Political Weekly.

S. Vidyasankar