Jyotishii Query

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 21:57:02 UTC 1996

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Martin Gansten wrote:

> I'm not sure if this answers your question about the 'significance' of the
> nodes, or if you had in mind their astrological connotations as well. (I
> suppose most of us on this list are in some sense governed by rAhu, who
> represents foreigners, barbarians, mlecchas -- although there may be a few
> ketu people out there, too: wise men, renunciates, mumukshus...)

rAhu and ketu not that bad; cf the navagrahastotram.h :-

brahmamurArI tripurAnta kAri bhAnu shashi bhumisuto buddhascha |
guruscha shukra shani rAhu ketava kuruvantu sarve mama suprbhAtam.h ||

(This is from memory and probably contains typos).

Another interesting fact is that during the ketu antara of the rAhu
mahaadasha, sattoguNa can actually influence a person.

bye,

Girish Beeharry