NON INDOLOGY BUT URGENT ACTION

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 12 16:31:38 UTC 1996

Michael Rabe said:

> But what if it prompts a cultural note by Paul Courtright [...]

Then I'll excommunicate Paul, all his friends, and anyone who mentions
it again.  Or even thinks of mentioning it.  Surely you've realized by
now that my agenda is to reduce he number of INDOLOGY members to a
comfortable and manageable quantity of exactly one!  :-)

[...]
> Maybe these topics are too combustible to risk starting a thread/fuse,

Seriously, though, this isn't about combustibility, but about relevance.
I'm all for igniting discussions on combustible issues to do with the
indological study of classical India.  And there are several such
issues.  But an invitation to a Saturday demo isn't Indology, whichever
way you look at it.

Dominik