SOFTWARE FOR DEVANAGARI AND ROMANIZED SANSKRIT

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 15:04:06 UTC 1995

pgm said:

> I'm sure this is well-worn territory on this list, but on the
> other hand computer software changes so rapidly that one season's
> recommendations may not apply when the same old questions get
> asked in the next.
>
> My question is about the availability of Windows or DOS-based
> software for sanskrit text. In particular are there programs
> which convert devanagari to romanized (though probably not
> vice versa)?  Basically, however, I would much appreciate
> hearing from anybody with strong recommendations for a
> particular package.

There is quite a lot of relevant stuff available via the INDOLOGY web
page or gopher.  Try
        http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html,
or just ftp to
        ftp.bcc.ac.uk:/pub/users/ucgadkw/indology
where you will find directories /software and /texts.  The first has
some nice CSX-compliant roman fonts in both truetype and postscript
versions.

Dominik

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html