Gitabhasya of Shankara

badri at sofia.mae.cornell.edu badri at sofia.mae.cornell.edu
Tue Sep 19 15:59:43 UTC 1995

Leo Facq asked:

* Does any one have information on a translation in English, German or French
* of Shankara's Gitabhasya, preferably including the sanskrit tekst. The info
* we need is: Publisher's complete address and/or address we can loan it from.

I have seen two English translations of Sankara's Gitabhashya,
both published by Ramakrishna Mission, India. The one that I am
currently reading is:

Srimad Bhagavad Gita Bhasya of Sri Samkaracarya: with
text in Devanagiri & English rendering, and index of
first lines of verses / translated by A.G. Krishna Warrier.
1st edn., Sri Ramakrishna Math, Madras, India, 1983

This book has the sanskrit text followed immediately by the
English translation.

I do not have the details of the other translation, offhand.

--badri

S.Badrinarayanan
Graduate Student
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Cornell University