PATRA; PATRI

Frank Conlon conlon at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:50:05 UTC 1995

I too cannot recall the festival or deity, but a scholar at Michigan some
years back had shot film of a group of middle class brahman women in
Bombay conducting the festival.  The sense I had was that the
"possession" might be related to hyperventilation.

Returning to Patri, the matter about a Greek reference to Tulunad was
included in B. N. Saletore's book _Ancient Karnataka_ (sorry to be unsure
about the title, I am away from my library.

Frank Conlon