Wellcome Seminar details

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 18:09:47 UTC 1995

Here are the details of this term's MSTAC speakers, several of which are
of indological interest (marked **):

--

             Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
               183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, England

                      Research Seminar 1995 - 1996

         "Medicine, Science, and Technology in Asian Cultures"

                           Tuesday 4.30 p.m.

  3 October 95          Dr Francesca Bray
			Wellcome Unit, University of Manchester
                        A `New History' of non-western Technology:
                        Textiles and Gender in Imperial China

**17 October 95         Mr M. Miles
			Birmingham
                        Goitre Cretinism and Iodine in South Asia - an
                        unfinished story

  31 October 95         Mr David Wright, SOAS
                        The Search for a Technical Vocabulary in 19th
                        Century China

**14 November           Harish Naraindas
			Delhi University
			Is there an Indian Naturopathy?

  28 November		Dr H. Gebre-Meskel
			SOAS
                        Reflections on the Four Ethiopian Medical
                        Manuscripts in the British Library

  23 January 96         Joanna Grant
			SOAS
                        Issues of Gender in Ming Dynasty Medical Case
                        Histories

   6 February 96	Dr Fritz Zimmermann
                        Oriental Institutde, Oxford
			Razi and Farabi Against Galen

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html