Help with source

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Tue Nov 28 21:13:44 UTC 1995

Brian,

Great minds work in the same paths!  I have been meaning to post this
question.  This is a standard of greeting cards, inspirations posters,
collections of inspirational poems.  One idea I had is that it could be
ultimately derived (perhaps through several translations or
transcreations) from some Vedic hymn to Day or Dawn.  Does it ring any
bells with anyone as such?  It also occurs to me it might be an
English translation of one of Ruckert's translations of Sanskrit
literature.  LC has his trans. of the Atharvaveda; I will have a look at
it to see if anything therein looks like a likely source.  Is anyone out
there familiar with Ruckert?

Allen Thrasher