fonts

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 15 01:08:11 UTC 1995

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 ORACLE at wl.aecl.ca wrote:

> Yes, there is freeware postscript (and may be truetype also) available from
> the archive located at Wahingotn State University located in Seattle in USA.
> I have used postscript version of these fonts and they are very good. I even
> defined a set of Macros to make typing of diacritical chars very easy using
> these fonts. You can do the same using the Recorder application under Windows,
> but if you want my macro file I can send it free.

The Blackbox archive site - blackbox.hacc.washington.edu - is no longer
available. I am unsure whether it's archives are kept elsewhere or if
they were even transfer as all. Additionally, it is the University of
Washington which is located in Seattle, WA. The "other" is a cross-state
rival.

Regarding the recent threads about Devanagari fonts, I might add that one
very good program for creating and printing Devanagari texts is Avinash
Chopde's ITRANS package. Text is entered in transliterated devanagari,
and then processed into devanagari in Postscript format, and when used with
Frans Velthuis's Devnag Metafont package, into DVI and TeX formats as
well. The ITRANS package as well as the Devnag Metafont package is
available via FTP at ftp://chandra.cis.brown.edu.

Anshuman Pandey
University of Washington