Internet-resources on Asian Studies - repeated query

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Fri May 26 13:50:10 UTC 1995

Further to your message:
you mentioned that you will be bringing this list online 'possibly as a
web page' via Hiroshima sometime this summer. Allow me to offer the
South Asia Gopher (and the "South Asia Gopher/Web") here at Columbia as
an alternative or mirror site, to reduce the load on the Hiroshima
server. (If the ftp archive of Prof. Tokunaga's Mahabharata files is
any indication, those of us in North America will find the Hiroshima
server a very slow link, perhaps too slow for us to use effectively for
a web page. So a North American mirror site might be a good idea). What
do you think of this proposal?
Thanks.
David Magier
"The South Asia Gopher"