Worldreligions compared (;-)

Sid Harth BAKULA at delphi.com
Sun May 7 01:50:40 UTC 1995

On  6-MAY-1995 07:52:22.8 l.m.fosse said to BAKULA
   > Date: Sat, 06 May 1995 13:52:10 +0200
   > From: l.m.fosse at easteur-orient.uio.no (Lars Martin Fosse)
   > Subject: Re: Worldreligions compared (;-)
   > To: BAKULA at delphi.com
   > >On  4-MAY-1995 06:52:40.0 indology said to BAKULA
   > >
   > >     Stuff deleted..
   > >
   > >   > >Elizabeth Hole
   > >   > >Ph.D. Student, Cultural and Religious Anthropology
   > >
   > >     Stuff deleted..
   > >
   > >   > May I remind Ms Hole that this is not a moderated list. This
   >means that >   > anybody can send *any* message to the list. In other
   >words, we depend >   >upon the sense of responsibility of the list
   >member. I my opinion, >   >there is no reason that some light relief
   >should not pass our way. >   >Personally, I don't feel offended.
   > >
   > >   > Best regards,
   > >
   > >   > Lars Martin Fosse
   > >
   > >     Stuff deleted...
   > >
   > >     "Let the chips fall where they may".
   > >
   > >     Lars, the best scatological revelation to the anal retentatives
   > > (au Freud) of the world, otherwise known in these United States of
   >America >as "S*U*A*H". No pun intended on honorable Ms. Hole's last
   >name.

   > Sid, I usually do not admit to not being omniscient, but in your case
   >I'll make an exception. How the heck am I to interpret "S*U*A*H"? Even
   >my American colleague gave up. As for the honorable Ms. Hole, I don't
   >think you drag her name into this.
   >
   >  Stuff deleted...
   >

   > Best regards,
   > LM
   > Lars Martin Fosse

     Stuff deleted...

     Before things get out of hand and Ms. E Hole gets upset by
                                           ^ ^^^^
misinterpretation of my mysterious four-letter word, let me spell it, at
least for the posterity.

     S*U*A*H is spelled as "Self-assured*Unrelenting*Aggressive*Hole-E's".
                                                                ^^^^^^
     The pun on the word "HOLY".

     This may be taken as a proof of why we should all spell all our four-
letter words so that nobody misinterprets them and causes more harm.

Sid Harth  "They better speak French in England" or is it "They speak better
            French in England"? It means the same, watch your semantics.