Indian Ethnology

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Sat Mar 25 06:06:30 UTC 1995

I just finished reading two short "books", if you will, on Indian
ethnology by Chandra Chakraberty called "An Ethnic Interpretation of
Pauranic Personages" and another by Akshaya Kumari Devi called "A
Biographical Dictionary of Puranic Personages".

I am wondering if any of you have heard of these texts and if they are
considered "scholarly" works. They tend to provide a lot of fascinating
information, but fail to cite any real sources.

Any responses, either privately, or to the list, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anshuman Pandey
University of Washington