Year of Death of the Philosopher, Hiralal Haldhar

n.rao at rz.uni-sb.de n.rao at rz.uni-sb.de
Wed Mar 22 19:51:28 UTC 1995

Dr. Hiralal Haldhar lived in the beginning of this century and was a
Professor of Philosophy with a neo-Hegelian pursuasion.  Is anyone in this
list familar with his work and personality? Is there anyone remotely
connected with him through family ties?  I urgently require the year of his
death. This infomration is required for a German Encylopaedia on Philosophy
and Theory of Science, which has a policy of giving the year of birth and
death of the philosophers mentioned.

Prof. Hiralal Haldhar taught in Calcutta University in 1930s and he must
have died sometime in 40s or 50s. I tried many avenues to get inforamtion
regarding the year of his death, but to no avail. Publishing  reader's
letters and advertisements in Indian news papers have not yielded any
results. Can anyone in this group furnish me this information or suggest
ways of getting it?

You can send the message to my private email address:
n.rao at rz.uni-sb.de
Thanks in advance
Narahari Rao
Dr. B. Narahari Rao