Respect for scholarship

Kalyans at aol.com Kalyans at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 04:13:00 UTC 1995

Lest there be any misapprehensions on my intent, let me state this
emphatically: I have the greatest regard for the accumulated treasure of
scholarship and to all the scholars who have contributed to the advancement
of an understanding of our past linguistic and cultural heritage. One of the
greatest achievements of scholarship during the last two hundred years is the
decipherment of the Rigveda and enormous insights into Munda family of
languages. My interests are indus script and civilization, comparative
linguistics of south asia and soma-alchemy studies. I do not intend to, nor
do I have the competence to,  enter into polemics on other politicized
topics. S. Kalyanaraman