Sememe: ayana; sun and property

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 08:59:17 UTC 1995

> The mention of Indus/Saraswati in his post is no excuse for this either. It
> is evident from the Landsat images of the region that most archeological
> sites lie along the basin of a river that does not exist any more. Purely
> from an objective standpoint, there is no harm in labelling this as an
> Indus/Saraswati civilization.

Perhaps I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.  But I have to say that
the only historical writings in which I have ever seen the expression
"Indus/Saraswati civilization" used are in those of right-wing
revisionists.  Perhaps there are other publications I have missed where
the term is used neutrally.

Dominik