Wilson's 1855 work: reprints

Kalyans at aol.com Kalyans at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 15:49:44 UTC 1995

What a great group indology members are: I got a response to the following
query promptly and with a lot of kindness: Reprints are: 1968, by Munshiram
Manoharlal, Delhi and 1985 by Muqtadirah-yI Qaumi ZabAn, Islamabad. I am
deeply grateful for this information proovided to me by Jage and Magier.

I may add, that this Wilson's work is a pioneering and an outstanding
contribution to indology (etyma of lingua franca in particular) made by the
East India Company.

"I am interested in acquiring the following out-of-print book; indology
members may kindly help me with contact numbers or email of booksellers who
may be able to sell me a copy:

H.H.Wilson, A GLOSSARY OF JUDICIAL AND REVENUE TERMS and of useful words
occurring in offocial documents relating to the administration of the
government of British India from the Arabic, Persian, Hindustani, Sanskrit,
Hindi, Bengali, uriya, marathi, guzarathi, telugu, karnata, tamil, malayalam,
and other languages, W.H.Allen and Co., London, MDCCCLV (1855)"