diacriticals

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 16:21:33 UTC 1995

Srinivasan Kalyanaraman said:
> The following information may be useful.
>
> Subject: Devanagari
>
> (this is a font for use with Sanskrit, Hindi, etc.)
> Created by Frans Velthuis in 1987/88 and is available
> from him (Velthuis%hgrrug5.earn at cunyvm.cunyvm.edu)
> for a small charge.

Through generous financial support from the Computing Centre of
Groningen University and the Wellcome Institute for the History of
Medicine, there is no longer any charge for the use or distribution of
this font or its ancilliary files and programs.

> Also available as part of his Devanagari
> transliteration package:
> ftp: june.cs.washington.edu tex/devnag.tar.Z, or
> devnag.zip

> You could also try, these, although I don't know if
> they are the same:
> ftp: BLACKBOX (see
> introduction):/pub/indic/outlines/vnagari.*
>
> ftp: ctan: tex-archive/language/devanagari/*

The font is not at the site june.cs.washington.edu, and the other site
where it might have been, blackbox, closed last November.  But it will
be found on the TeX CTAN sites under ../language/devanagari, as
mentioned.  However, as far as I can see, CTAN only publishes the fonts
and the source code for the (essential) preprocessor, but not the
executables.  The original distribution from Frans does have these.
I'll have to do something about this.

Dominik