None

Kellner kellner at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 26 03:46:03 UTC 1995

              Call for information on Internet-sources on
                     Tibetan and Buddhist studies
                      (as well as related areas)

     The 7th seminar of the International Association for Tibetan Studies
(IATS) will be hed at Schloss Seggau (near Graz, austria) from June
18th to June 24th, 1995; organized by Prof.Dr. Ernst Steinkellner on
behalf of the Institute for Asian Studies of the Austrian Academy of
Sciences.

     The seminar also intends to take into considration new
communication possibilities in the field, which have emerged through the
continuous growth of the Internet: The plan is to compile a survey of all
possible types of related information sources on the Internet - e-mail-
addresses, e-texts, gpher-sites, WWW-pages, electronic magazines,
mailing lists etc. This survey shall be distributed among the participants
of the seminar.

     Therefore, we ask you to kindly submit all information of the
above-mentioned type to the person in charge,that is:

     Birgit Kellner
     Institute for Indian Philosophy
     Faculty of Letters
     1-2-3 Kagamiyama
     Higashi-Hiroshima-Shi
     Hiroshima 724 / JAPAN
     Tel.: +81-824-24-6332
     Fax: +81-824-24-0315
     e-mail: kellner at ue.pc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp

     Although the main focus is on Tibetan and Buddhist Studies,
naturally, given the intricate relationship of the field to other areas of
Asian Studies, information on Indian, Chinese, Japanese (or other related
fields) will b greatly appreciated, too. Also, information on software
(fonts, database programs, special word-processing-software etc.) for
Tibetan/Indian languages is welcome, even if the software itself is not
directly available via the Internet.

     N.B.: O course, all individuals who contribute to this "survey"
will receive regular updates of this "work-in-progress", too. To save
bandwith and mailbox-space, it suggest that people, who want to
contribute, mail me a short note, upon which I will send themmy
current survey-file - just to give you a clue of my present state of
information, and to indicate the - naturally - enormous blanks in my
knowledge.

     This post is being sent to: TIBET-L, BUDDHA-L, INDOLOGY.

     For the organizing commiee,

     Birgit Kellner