Kulke/new Catalogue

Johannes B. Tuemmers ami0209 at rs1.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu Jan 19 10:57:38 UTC 1995

Dr. Smith wrote:

> Can anyone please provide the postal and/or e-mail address of Prof Kulke? Is there
> a list anywhere of e-mail addresses of German Indologists?
> David Smith
> Dept of Religious Studies
> Lancaster Univ
> LA1 4YG
> UK
> d.smith at lancaster.ac.uk

Maybe I can help:

Prof. Hermann Kulke
Historisches Seminar der Universiaet Kiel
Leibnitzstr. 8
D-24118 Kiel
Germany

There is no e-mail address I know about, but maybe SB does.

BTW: Prof. Kulke has contributed an article to a very important catalogue:
"Die Anderen Goetter - Volks- und Stammesbronzen aus Indien" (The Other
Gods - folk- and tribal bronzes from India; published 1993), entitled
"Regionen und Regionalkulturen in der indischen Geschichte". As this
catalogue of the german author Cornelia Mallebrein is of great importance
in the fields of ethnology, oriental history of art, indology and comparative
religious studies, I'll post a short description of this outstanding work
for the list in a couple of days.

best wishes,
Johannes

-Johannes B. Tuemmers-
Institute of Indology and Tamil Studies, Pohligstr.1, 50969 Koeln, Germany
Tel. Ger-(0)221-4705344
Fax: 0221/4705151
email: ami0209 at rs1.rrz.uni-koeln.de