Personal Papers of F. Max Muller

Patrick Lanaghan PLANAGHA at MACC.WISC.EDU
Sun Jan 8 03:09:00 UTC 1995

In his 1884 work, The Ancient Palm-Leaves Containing the
Prajna-Paramita-Hridaya-Sutra, F. Max Muller mentioned a book called "A
Collection of Miscellaneous Buddhist Sanskrit Texts."  Muller wrote that the
"only copy of this book which is known to exist" was in his possession (p. 34).
To the best of my knowledge, this book was never published, and I thought it
might perhaps be among his papers.

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me where his papers are now kept;
the name of the appropriate person to contact would be particularly welcome.

Sincerely,
Patrick Lanaghan