An alternative history of IE languages and the AIT.

cejka at praha1.ff.cuni.cz cejka at praha1.ff.cuni.cz
Mon Feb 27 10:43:41 UTC 1995

> aroung 5000 BC. Teutonic mythology does speak of Odin the first
> ancestor and carrier of fire coming from the east. Do not scholars
> still have to look eastwards to look ito the Aryan past ? Whereas

This still seems to me to be a great misunderstanding on the side of those
who deny the AIT.  As far as I know, none of the historical philologists
means by coming from the west coming from West Europe. The Aryans are
thought to have come from some place west of India but east of West Europe,
therefore it is quite logical that the Teutonic myths refer to coming from
the east.

Jakub Cejka