An alternative history of IE languages and the AIT.

J.B. Sharma JSHARMA at Hermes.GC.PeachNet.EDU
Sat Feb 25 10:36:34 UTC 1995

Sid Harth wrote :

Sharma is, in fact, trying to reinvent the wheel.
------------

 I am flattered that my note moved Sid to poetic vein. I do wish to
state that there is no invention in my note. It is submitted to the
list in the spirit of a question; The intent is to solicit
information such that I can make up my own mind. I really have no
qualification to make historical claims as I am not a formal
historian. This is the best place in the world to come to seek
informed opinions on ancient India. The historical insights which are
closest to the truth are defensible by shaasthraarth and incisive
reasoning and not by impugning the motives of other debators. Debates
settled in this manner are dealt with once and for all. Besides it is
the constant questioning wich keeps historical models healthy after
all.
 My note therefore is more about the process of historical science
and debate. For historical substance I respectfully look to the
list.
Regards,
J.B. Sharma