search for works on Amre.dita

Carlos Lopez clopez at husc.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 22 00:06:13 UTC 1995

On Tue, 21 Feb 1995, Jakub Cejka wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> I am looking for any bibliographical references of articles etc. dealing
> with the sanskrit (and particularly Vedic) amre.ditas (iterative compounds).
> I have read Delbrueck, Wackernagel which say a bit more about it, and then
> only brief words in Whitney's, MacDonell's, Thumb-Hauschild's grammars. It
> is especially difficult for me to find out whether anybody recently
> published some further opinions on this topic or other material than what
> was collected by Collitz.

As far as I am aware, as I found out from my former prof. James Benson,
there really has not been much written about this.  They are rather
interesting compounds within Panini's system (8.1.1 to about 15, I don't
have my copy of the Ashtadhyayi at hand).  You might want to check
Cardona's work on Panini.  If you get more bibliography, I would
appreciate a forward with the information.

Carlos Lopez
Harvard University
Dept. of Sanskrit