always this self-referentiality...

kellner at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp kellner at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 14 03:21:53 UTC 1995

Well, this posting will amount to an anachronism, for,
given the statement it intends to make, it should never
have been made in the first place.

In the light of all these discussions on moderation etc.,
I have to admit that I am both sick and tired of the
self-referentiality of the Net in general and mailing-lists
in particular - a rough guess might show that more than half
of a list's postings refer to technical aspects of the lists
or the net, whereas maybe less than the other half refers
to the subject the list was intended to cover. I personally
find moderation helpful, insofar as it eliminates further
discussions about moderation in principle and lets people
I find the H-NET-moderators simply the best, for they are
generally both competent and inobtrusive)

But then, others might not, so let's do that vote, for
christ's sake, and go back to normal and discuss all those
really exciting matters which await our attention "out there".

Birgit Kellner
Institute for Indian Philosophy
University of Hiroshima

P.S.: I am STILL working on my Tibetan/Buddhist/Indic Studies-
resource-directory, and the BIG BLANK so far is e-texts.
I would gladly appreciate anybody who has down-loaded ANY
e-texts from ANY site to mail me.